A printed, editioned, and signed screen-cap of my poem "Poem For Sitting in Panera" is being auctioned off as part of a benefit for Les Figues Press on October 7th in L.A. "Poem..." was curated by Colleen Grennan, who was curated by Jesse Benson in accordance with the auction's "Excess" theme.
* I blogged about Da'Niro Elle Brown's artwork at Beautiful/Decay.
* Justin Clifford Rhody's Sliding Glass Door on Vice.
* Real Pain: Future Dead Friends Tour's video trailer, and Wes Flexner's Other Paper promo.
* The Todd Akin "cross-country" Our Bodies, Ourselves road trip.
* Steve Roggenbuck in the New York Times Magazine, who knew!
* Professional Alt Lit flatterer Peter BD's latest email is after the jump:
James payne: visionary
other people: don't know how to spell visionary
james payne: has an interesting blog that covers a wide array of topics
other people: blog about what they ate for brunch
james payne: artistic human being
other people: think play-doh is abstract art
james payne: continues to create/promote innovative projects
other people: do not do any of the things said above
james payne: engaging
other people: engage in activities that are not worth talking about
james payne: is taking skylab and roy g biv gallery to new heights
other people: are doing nothing to better there current situations and enjoy doing so
james payne: doesn't know that he's a genius
other people: don't know anything
james payne: is the fresh prince of columbus, oh
other people: are the court jesters of their respective communities
james payne: showcases his talents for the world to see
other people: showcase their talents at their local talent shows
james payne: is going far
other people: are going to skylab gallery to watch james read